Friday, May 20, 2011

Long Road

So things are going to be shifting a bit here on this little blog. My sewing progress has been kind of put on hold. Most of our time is spent in the RV which is very cozy with seven adults, one baby, and all of our stuff. It pretty impossible to sew while the RV is moving which is pretty much all the time, except when we are sleeping. When we aren't in the RV, we are normally at a venue. The schedule when they have a show usually goes a little something like this ... load in, sound check, dinner, doors open (which means someone has to be out at the merch table. that someone lately has been me.), during the Brandi Carlile shows the guys will play first and then hang out and sign CD's for fans at the merch table while Brandi is playing, once the show is over and everyone is out of the venue the guys will load out, pack up the trailer again and then we hit the road. Basically life is busy. The little down time we have is devoted to showering, washing our clothes, and charging our phones/computers. 
All that so say, for the time being my blog (when I can find internet) might be more about life on this long road rather than sewing. I sure hope that is okay with all of you. 

Yesterday we spent most of the day in New Orleans. The day started out great, walking around the French Quarter, eating beignets at Cafe Du Monde, and buying Louisiana hot sauce (they serve it at our favorite restaurant in Seattle and we haven't been able to find it anywhere!). The afternoon wasn't quite as fun ... one of the holding tanks in the RV was full and started coming up in the shower which had been turned into storage bins. Pete and I stored our stuff in the bottom bin so yup, you guessed it, our stuff was soaking in waste water for a day or so. Luckily it wasn't waste from the septic but instead waste from the kitchen sink. Still so gross! Our stuff was wet and smelt of chicken of the sea (canned food is a lifesaver when you are poor and living in an RV). We were able to wash most of our stuff but I have one suede boot and a vintage leather Dooney & Bourke bag that still need to be cleaned some how. My sewing case I got for Christmas took a dip in the yucky water and I'm not sure yet if it is savable. I also had a bag of vintage clothing that got a little messed up. The famous red skirt I just posted about got wet and bled onto some other pieces. It was pretty upsetting. 
I was tired, hot, and needed a shower, so it was kind of the cherry on top of my day. I can't complain too much about life in the RV though. I get to travel around the country, see some awesome venues and listen to great music all with my best friend in the world, Pete :)




No comments:

Post a Comment