Tuesday, March 29, 2011

LA Woman

I feel that I should apologize for the lack of project posts lately. I just got back from visiting my cute hubby in California for a long weekend. I am hoping to get back to sewing soon but Pete returns home in a couple days and then leaves again a week later so chances are there won't be much crafting going on while he is actually in town. I also feel the need to explain that while this blog was created to document sewing projects and inspirations, the rest of my life will be sneaking in a bit here and there. Hope that's okay with everyone. So here is a "rest my life" post.
This past weekend was pretty amazing. Probably one of my best trips to California. I lived in southern California for four years while in college, sticking around during the summers as well, so is feels like a second home. It's kind of funny though because while I was living down there I missed Seattle so much and was always planning on moving back once I graduated. I love the rain, can't handle super warm weather, and have a slight allergy to the sun, so Seattle is perfect for me and southern California in the summer makes me a little cranky. While I love this beautiful green city more than any other place I have visited, my heart might be stuck in California and I have been realizing it more and more lately. My brother, sister-in-law (who was one of my close friends before her and my brother started dating), and most the people who know me the best and I love the most are all in California. I was able to see almost all of them during this trip, some of which I hadn't seen in about two years. 
Moving to LA for music reasons has been a discussion and possibility for a little while now. There aren't any plans at the moment but I am secretly (or I guess not so secretly anymore) hoping that it ends up working out. A few years ago I never would have thought I would want to move back. Although, if we do move it won't be to the same city I lived in before.  My school was east of LA a bit so I didn't end up spending too much time there. With that being said I guess it has been hard at times to judge whether I could really see myself living in LA or if it's just the thought of a change that I find appealing. This quick trip has made it official. I am ready to try out being an 
LA Woman
I will always truly be a Seattle gal but I think it's fun to switch things up from time to time (just ask my hairstylist). I have a feeling the next few months will make it clear on whether we will make the move or not. The possibility of it is just so exciting!


P.S. Sorry for the lack of pictures from my trip. Pete lost his camera somewhere in the RV and out of the three pictures I took, one was in the previous post, one was just far too blurry, and the last one of my gorgeous preggo best friend didn't turn out :( but trust me, she is one beautiful soon-to-be mama!!
P.P.S. Anyone else love this song as much as I do?! It has been one of my favorites for years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment